Monday, April 9, 2012

Visitation

We are going to do a visitation on Thursday evening from 6 to 8 at the American Legion Hall in Barneveld. We'll have a slide show of pictures, and feel free to bring cookies or a snack if you want; we'll have soda. No open casket, just us, and a lot of folks who loved the guy.

We're still planning to do a Party/memorial here at the farm in June that Gil and I had been planning for a while. It will be all the music and games and drumming and food that he loved, and EVERYONE will be invited. He had hoped that he would be here to enjoy it; but his spirit will be.

When I can get my feet under me, I'll write some more about this last phase. There were some powerful moments. I am surprised by the awe full size of this chasm in my life. I still can't believe it.

No comments: