Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sorry for the radio silence

I gather people got worried.
I had Internet connectivity problems
and I hadn't heard back from Dr Callander about the results of his bone marrow biopsy.
Now I have both.
I don't understand all the implications, but Gil's bones are filled with myeloma plasma cells instead of all the diverse fats and cells that normal bone marrow has. It means that we need to keep looking for the right chemical mix to reduce the myeloma. If and how that can be done remains to be seen.
On the "seize the day" front, we spent a 3 day weekend out at the farm, and have committed to purchasing a new Prius, now, this week. It is an investment in testosterone stimulation that is already bringing a glint to the guys eyes, even though he probably won't be doing much actual driving himself.
He's continuing to loose weight, close to 30# at this point, so we're trying to pour all the caloric stuff we can into him. Apparently, his myeloma is burning up calories faster than he can consume them. He does enjoy his feed but can't get through much. I'm open to ideas.
I'm hoping, once again, to move back to the farm this Friday, though it remains to be seen what Dr Callander has in store for him on Thursday. But we are ready, big time ready, to get back to some semblance of normal.
I'm exhausted and still not clear about what's next. It's going to be a "new" normal.

No comments: