Thursday, February 2, 2012

and He's BACK!

Now that he's better I can tell you all what's been going on since Sunday. He's had a "hospital induced psychosis". He's been completely off his rocker, and I was scared out of my gourd. And this morning when I showed up, he was clear eyed and conversant and has only improved as the day went on. I am so beyond relieved I'm almost giddy.
Apparently his sensitivity to Dexamethazone, his near death experience, and some historical sensitivity from his brain surgery 15 years ago and who knows what all else probably contributed to it. But enough said, he's back and I am in awe of the miracles he pulls out of the Universe. As his beloved brain surgeon said years ago "for a guy with really bad health luck, you sure have great health luck" I assume it's obvious what all he's referring to.

Having said that, his blood improvement continues slowly. They're going to keep him in the hospital for the weekend to continue giving him platelets and helping him regain some strength/stability. I decided last night that though neither he nor I think it's the most up lifting environment for recovery, that going into a nursing home for at least a few days would be a wise idea before Chris and I sign up as 24/7 nurses aides for him. We will go to Winnemac ASAP but "discretion being the better part of valor" suggests that going slowly would be a good idea.

We've gone through crises in the past but nothing like this. I hope it makes us both more grateful for and tolerant of each other's idiosyncrasies. Good Lord, what a trip.

1 comment:

Laura Maldonado said...

What good news!!! We are so happy to hear this. He truly amazes us!