Wednesday, August 12, 2009

And so it all begins...

Here the guy is in his room awaiting his 15 minute shot of Melphalan. After it he will basically have no more blood making bone marrow. He'll coast on his existing blood cells 'til Friday when they'll give him back his stem cells which will start making new bone marrow. In the transplant lingo that's "T day zero" (today is T minus 2) His low point should be "T plus 4 or 5" and his counts should start coming up by "T plus 10"
I'll give more info as I understand it.

Today went well albeit slowly. We played cards (oh Hell) with our good friends Joe and Diana. And I won! Kinda amazing since I don't even know how to score! If you're interested in visiting, the next 2 or 3 days are probably best. Give a call on our cell and I can let you know if it's a good time. 608 807 6596. Obviously, if you have cold etc. it's not a good idea, otherwise, hand washing and Purell are just fine.

I already accidentally lost this post once editing it, so I'll call it enough for tonight. More tomorrow..

1 comment:

JS said...

Love the shirt!

I am amazed by the journey you are taking together.

I doubt that I will get in to see you; partly because of existing load partly because hospitals make me throw up and you really don't need that!!

Lots of love, luck and energy are being sent in your direction.