Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We are happy

Good numbers again for Gil, including the creatin (though he doesn't remember the numbers the doctor told him). Chris has been with him for a week and a half and is staying til next Sunday.
Steaks and friends and steaks and a neighborhood birthday gathering and steak. What more could a guy ask for? Throw in a golf outing on that perfect weather day a week or so ago and he got it.

And I'm happy too. How could I not be around the smiliest baby in the world? I am totally addicted to her face changing from "baby blob face" to joy when she sees me (particularly when I devolve into goofy noises and expressions) Her occasional laughs have me totally hooked and looking for new crazy things to do which might elicit them. I wondered how this falling in love with a babe that I hadn't birthed and yet was deeply connected to would go. All it took was exposure to the sunshine of her smile. I feel myself smiling a lot more now, even when I'm not with her.
Other NYC highlights included seeing Vanessa Redgrave in The Year of Magical Thinking (Adam and Kate's treat!) and walking through Central Park on a perfect day with a smiley babe in a stroller.

Gil will be driving to NYC before Thanksgiving with one of our turkeys in tow.
I picture what you might be imagining.
No, Julie is taking care of the Thanksgiving butchering. She and Elliot have been a godsend in this time, helping take care of the farm chores and wood for the winter. We are very lucky to have their support.
Anyway, When Gil gets to NYC, I've sprung for tickets to a revival of a favorite musical of his from many years ago(1948), Finnian's Rainbow. He'll get a chance to wallow in baby smiles and then we'll drive back together. I hope to be back on the farm by Nov. 29th or 30th.

Who would have thought a year ago, that we would be feeling our blessings as deeply as this?

No comments: