Thursday, August 16, 2012

Storm

There's a string of thunder storms passing through.  I took my tea up to the rock outcropping by the house (where we will be burying Gil's ashes and planting a Maple tree for him next Spring) .  I'd set up a "club house" shelter  for the 3 billy goats gruff but they hadn't quite gotten it that it was a great place to wile away a storm out of the rain.   They finally joined me and snuggled up toasty warm as the wind and rain, thunder and lightning flailed away.    
I needed that      I am soooo tired
Tired of cleaning and refinancing and  keeping track of things.
Perhaps all I need to do is find some shelter and hang out chewing my cud (or drinking tea as the case may be)  til I find the energy to move on.   Perhaps I'm trying to get on with my life too soon.  I'm having a hard time finding the thread of it right now.  I wonder if I'll ever be excited, inspired again?
Enough.
Midwest storms humble me, make me feel small in the good way that mountains and oceans do.
I found a poem this morning which spoke to me.


War Some of the Time

by Charles Bukowski
when you write a poem it
needn't be intense
it
can be nice and
easy
and you shouldn't necessarily
be
concerned only with things like anger or
love or need;
at any moment the
greatest accomplishment might be to simply
get
up and tap the handle
on that leaking toilet;
I've
done that twice now while typing
this
and now the toilet is
quiet.
to
solve simple problems: that's
the most
satisfying thing, it
gives you a chance and it
gives everything else a chance
too.

we were made to accomplish the easy
things
and made to live through the things
hard.

No comments: