Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Chimes, three years, still ringing

I've been listening to the recording Chris made Easter morning three years ago of the wind chimes on our porch, the chickadees, our rooster crowing and Gil's brother Bob whispering "how beautiful it is, and it keeps on going forever".  He was referring to the after tone of the chimes, but it comforts me that that was what Gil heard again and again that last hour or so before he let go into the beauty going on forever.
I've been randomly weepy today, unlike the last two anniversaries of his death.  This one feels different, as though I am letting go in a way I hadn't before.  I'm hearing the chimes and the birds in my life now, especially the cranes, as a beauty that rings and resonates through deep layers of my dreams and the air I breathe.     I miss him.    and he is still resonanting in me.   I taste food, feel music, indulge in sensuality as I learned with him.   His resonance is beautiful,  and it keeps on going, quieter, fainter, deeper,    forever.

No comments: